Blogging (or more specifically, not blogging) has been stressing me out lately.
My life is changing and my time is changing and since I started this blog, I’ve changed. My views on health and fitness have changed (in a good way). And as you can probably tell from the title, it’s not even the only thing I’m trying to sort out. I feel like so many things are in flux right now. I’ve been trying to sort out what that means for this space while trying to figure out how blogging fits into my new schedule, and in the meantime I’m posting less and less without explanation. So here it is.
I come home and I don’t want to write. Or I want to write but my mind is blank.
I love my blends, but I haven’t been reading. Not every day anyway, not like I used to.
I feel like I have no time. I’ve always taken on a lot, maxed out my time each and every day, but I’ve never had this feeling of there never being enough. I think everyone thinks it’s funny, like “oh ha ha, welcome to the working world.” I’ve worked full time before, and I’ve worked far more hours during some of my years student but I have never felt like this.
I could write or read or think about healthy living on the train, but I’d rather read my kindle and relax by losing myself in a story for a while. I thought I would use that time to be productive, and sometimes I do, but I think my soul needs that time for doing nothing right now.
When I think about blogging, it’s mostly to worry. Worry that the blog will die because I struggle to stick to a schedule and all the blogging blogs (yes that exists) say you have to stick to a regular schedule. I worry because I want blogging to stay part of my life, but it’s not my a high priority, and the other important things are pushing it out. I worry because I don’t know what to say. Then I worry because something I do for fun shouldn’t be making me worry.
I had a feeling my career changes would require blogging changes, I just wasn’t sure how (frequency? content?) so I couldn’t prepare. Now I’m trying to figure it out as I go which is messier and I don’t really like it. So instead of writing, I think about what to do. I haven’t decided, so instead I thought I’d share some of the ideas warring in my brain:
- I started out blogging thinking I’d be giving advice, doling out wisdom, which seems a little silly and preachy now. Davida and I joke about Dear Diary (started by this post I believe), but I wonder if I should treat the blog more like a diary, chronicling my balance of health and professional life.
- Maybe I just need to post less often. Maybe once a week?
- Maybe I’ll get back to posting more workouts, something I’ve wanted for a while. Maybe I’ll just post workouts. Maybe just one post a week with a workout and some life thoughts the way food bloggers post recipes.
- Maybe this should just become a yoga lifestyle blog. But what about everything else I do?
- No matter what, I’d really like a redesign… #notapriority
So what I’m trying to say is, if you see fewer posts, it’s not because I’m slowly fading away from the internet (I hope), I’m just figuring things out. If you really miss me, you can always find me on social media <3