I have lots of random thoughts today, and since it’s Thursday, I thought it would be perfect to link up with Amanda.
1. Normally, I would be teaching Zumba tonight, but I’m not, and that’s change number one. Because of some personal things I have going on, I cut my schedule way back (to one class per week). It was the right decision, but it was also sudden. It’s silly, but I’m sad about it. I really love my students in the classes I cut. They have amazing energy and I’ll miss that, plus I feel like I let them down. With our move to Boston coming up in just a few months, it was inevitable anyway, but still.
2. Have you guys seen the preview for Divergent? More importantly, have you read the series?
If you saw my nerdy girl reading list post, you know I’m a HUGE fan. And if you saw my thoughts on the release of Ender’s Game as a movie, you can probably guess that I am not excited about the Divergent movie. I am already shouting at the TV during preview where I feel like they are misconstruing or oversimplifying the story/premise. Also the cast doesn’t look the way I pictured them in my head… and I like my pictures!
3. As nice as it is to have the sun up longer in the evenings, the time change is really messing with my mornings. For weeks, I’ve been waking up with the sun, without an alarm at all – which is glorious. The sun was coming up at just the right time, and since I don’t have early classes, there’s no risk of oversleeping. Now, that’s all off by an hour. I may have to resort back to my sunrise alarm clock. I love getting up early because it’s so peaceful. And the ultra-competitive Type-A in me loves getting started on my day while the world is still sleeping.
4. Exactly two months from today, I’ll graduate from law school.
In some ways it has been a long three years, and in other ways it has flown by. Normally, I would say I can’t wait for my life to really start, but Amy’s post yesterday has me rethinking that mentality. As she says, it’s not like this is a dress rehearsal.
That said, I’m excited to move, and I’m excited to start working with the intention of continuing to work into the foreseeable future. And I can’t help counting down because lets be real, law school is the pits.
5. The first week of January, I ordered the best tank top ever. The best. Then something happened and it never came and it’s been this crazy back and forth with the company but finally, two months later, it arrived!!
6. Don’t forget to enter my MASH Up Conditioning DVD giveaway! It ends tomorrow and there are not a lot of entries, so you’re extra likely to win!
Questions: Have you read Divergent, if so how do you feel about the movie? Are your mornings still out of whack? Should I have a graduation party and if so, wanna come? 🙂